...

sábado, 3 de enero de 2015

Breakfast at Tiffany's - Truman Capote


Rating: 
28/07/13


It is a truth universally acknowledged that the book is always better than the movie. In this case, it was just... different.

I have to admit I made a little mistake: I watched the movie first, years ago. So, I was hoping something else, obviously.
It's a novella, a quick read, so Holly doesn't have many pages to reach the too-obnoxious-level; that's a good thing. I liked (I think) that Holly, but I loved Hepburn's Holly. I don't feel the same way about the film's Mr. Yunioshi. an offensive stereotype with endless teeth. I think most of us agree with that. However, it's not fair to compare. Book and movie, two different things.
Capote's descriptions are very detailed; you can almost picture yourself living in that old brownstone, sharing moments with the characters. He uses colorful and effective metaphors that also kept me interested in this story.
Anyway, this is one of those books you should really read before watching the movie. Just a suggestion.






No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario