...

sábado, 14 de marzo de 2015

Amphigorey - Edward Gorey


Rating: 
30/11/13

Amphigorey
I loved this book! This is a collection of fifteen stories and drawings. Gorey's artwork is stunning. And his twisted, creepy sense of humor is just my cup of tea (not everyone's cup, I know). It can be dark but funny at the same time. It's not about some silly, creepy stories, there's a dark reality here that can be found outside this book. So, if this is too twisted and horrifying for you, can you survive watching the late night news?


My first Gorey was The Gashlycrumb Tinies. And I just immediately connected with this weird little man. Most of the times, there's a lesson to be learned in these stories. So, it's weird but also hmm... educational.






* Photo credit: Book cover via Goodreads.



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario