...

sábado, 14 de marzo de 2015

A Book of Five Rings: The Classic Guide to Strategy - Miyamoto Musashi, Victor Harris (Translator)

Rating: 
17/11/13

I do not know how I got here. I did not even know I had this book. But I am glad I read it.
This book was written by Miyamoto Musashi, a Japanese swordsman that had his first duel when he was 13 years old. It is divided into five “rings” (earth, water, fire, wind, void) that describe strategies and principles of martial arts, with a touch of philosophy that kept me interested.
Among all the tactics that can be used, he shared his insightful thoughts on several matters. Martial arts are not just about technique. There are some principles to follow; there is a clarity of mind to be reached. You have to be able to find a balance between a world of war and a world of peace.
The last "ring", the Book of Void... what a way to finish a book. Outstanding.








1 comentario: