...

lunes, 21 de septiembre de 2015

Conversations of Lord Byron: Noted During a Residence with His Lordship at Pisa in the Years 1821 and 1822 - Thomas Medwin

Rating: 
21/09/15

The days belong to Byron.

I had written a review and, later, decided to delete it. Okay, I did not delete it, I just put it in the folder where legends die. Anyway, that review had quotes and facts and some nonsensical analysis of the conversations that Thomas Medwin transcribed, after a logical warning: he could deliver the substance but not the form, that being Byron's wit and eloquence.

I wrote that review and then realized how useless that was. I could say everything I wanted to say in one single quote. A quote by an extraordinary writer. The true enchanter of all words; familiar and unknown.

If, after I die, someone wants to write my biography,
There's nothing simpler.
It has just two dates—the day I was born and the day I died.
Between the two, all the days are mine.

- Fernando Pessoa, A Little Larger Than the Entire Universe: Selected Poems (61)

Between the two, all the days are mine.
Besides its unquestionable beauty, there is a particular sound that cuts the air like the sharpest of knives.
Between the two, all the days are mine.
A sound you can almost feel. There. Practically piercing your body, finding its way to your mind in the most incredible display of self-preservation.
All the days are mine.

All the days are ours.



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario